The 10th edition of PhDs in Logic will take place in Prague on May 1–4 2018 at the Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
"PhDs in Logic" is an annual graduate conference organised by local graduate students. This interdisciplinary conference welcomes contributions to various topics in mathematical logic, philosophical logic, and logic in computer science. It involves tutorials by established researchers as well as short (25 minutes) presentations by PhD students, master students and first-year postdocs on their research.
Earlier editions of the event took place in Ghent (2009, 2012), Tilburg (2010), Brussels (2011), Munich (2013), Utrecht (2014), Vienna (2015), Darmstadt (2016), and Bochum (2017).
Attendance is free but please do not forget to register.
Confirmed committee members are:
- Marta Bílková (Charles University, Czech Republic)
- Willem Conradie (University of Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Nick Galatos (University of Denver, USA)
- Ole Hjortland (University of Bergen, Norway)
- Ansten Klev (Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic)
- João Marcos (Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil)
- George Metcalfe (University of Bern, Switzerland)
- Peter Milne (University of Stirling, UK)
- Francesco Paoli (University of Cagliari, Italy)
- Oliver Roy (University of Bayreuth, Germany)
- Igor Sedlár (Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic)
- Nick Smith (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Michal Stronkowski (Warsaw University of Technology, Poland)
- Jonathan Verner (Charles University, Czech Republic)
You can contact us at phdsinlogic at gmail.com.
This conference is supported by the Institute of Computer Science and the Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences and by the Department of Logic of Charles University,
The conference is funded by the project Strategy AV21 of the Czech Academy of Sciences and by the joint FWF-GAČR grant no. 17-33849L: Filters, ultrafilters and
connections with forcing.